Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Chambray Laurel




Pattern:  Colette Pattern's Laurel
Fabric:  Chambray from Baron's Fabric in Woodland Hills
Styled with: Blue Wedges (I have had them for years and forgot where I purchased them)


Let me tell you first that I love this pattern!  It is simply beautiful and sews up fast.  It is a great way to let a good piece of fabric "do the talking".  However, something is just wrong with this version and I don't know what.  Maybe the hem length?

I made this up in a Chambray from the local fabric store, which sadly is going out of business or rather has decided to only sell sewing machines. I purchased the last of the bolt at a steal and had some to spare after making this dress (Yay)! 


I also found a beautiful trim at our local vintage market which occurs one weekend of every month.  I really should take pictures next time I go.  It is has a wide array of vintage things for just about any collector and is huge.

I thought this might be sort of a homage to the original chambray shirt with a nautical twist with the trim.  I don't know what do you think?  Does it work?  Or should I modification?

No comments:

Post a Comment